Sunday, August 31, 2008

Adoration

So Mr. is done with his first rotation and finally gets a break.  We didn't make it to the zoo, but we did go out to dinner with STM and her hubby to the Boat Basin.  Good food, great atmosphere.  I'd heard of Boat Basin for a while, so I'm glad they suggested it!

Later last night, as Mr. was packing to go home, we had Nick at Nite on.  As you may know, Nick at Nite currently shows sitcoms from our childhood and adolescence: Home Improvement, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Family Matters, and George Lopez.  Judge us if you will, but this is the time slot he and I can agree on.  
As I nostalgically remembered all the handful of nights one or both of us has stayed up packing with Nick on this past year, I remarked, "I love our mutual [inner monologue: don't say love again] adoration of cheesy 90's television."  "Adorittion?" Mr. repeated, confused.  Thinking I had said it sloppily, I repeated, "a-dor-RAY-shun".  He was still clueless.  "Adoration!  Like, adore, but in noun form!"  He then went on to insist that he had never heard the word before in his life.  Now I know how my parents felt when I thought 'cajole' was such an out-there word to learn during my SAT prep.  Except adoration is still so much more common than cajole.  I think Mr.'s head must be so full of medical stuff, obscure raps, and commercial jingles from the late 1980's that he doesn't have room for regular knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adoration is totally a commonly used word ! haha