Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hold That Line

Last night I went to the workshop of a new musical, Cheer Wars at my alma mater.  A friend of mine had one of the larger roles, and I was excited by what I'd heard of it.
While the music wasn't necessarily as strong as that from last week's production, it was catchy and sufficient.  The story was great, and I was literally laughing out loud at a lot of it.  I'd like a little more character development, better costumes and much stronger choreography.  But, this is why we workshop pieces!  Kudos to all involved; I really enjoyed myself.  And I've had one of the songs from the show in my head all morning... Hold that line; hold that, hold that line...

I had hoped Mr. might join me, but he had to work.  In fact, because he got to drain a patient's peritoneal fluid (or something like that), he didn't get home until 8:30.

No worries, though - that's what gay boyfriends are for!  My gay boyfriend from home moved to the city earlier this year, so he came with me to the musical.  I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it much more than Mr. would have, anyway. 

No comments: