Saturday, August 9, 2008

Puppy Please

Last night in the Village the hubby and I stumbled onto a pet shop with the cutest puppies ever. Seriously. The. Cutest. Puppies. Ever. And while I'm not so pro-pet shop (I'm all about the rescue shelters instead), I am pro dog.
But anyways, this post isn't about dogs, it's about the next set of criteria when it comes to choosing a residency. The pet shop started off this whole conversation about when we'll be able to get a dog (we can't now because there's a strict no dogs police in our med school housing). Eventually, the hubby decided he's not applying anywhere that doesn't allow dogs in the (mandatory) resident housing. I emphasize that he decided this, not me. But wanting a french bulldog more than just about anything, I heartily agreed with the new criteria.
So now it's my job to figure out what that rules out. So far St. Luke's-Roosevelt looks like it's the only program impacted, but that's just because I haven't really looked into all the others, yet. At least now I know what I'll be busy doing all weekend!

2 comments:

MW said...

omg, Mr. and I were just talking about getting a cat (again) last night. We want both dogs and cats eventually, but will start with a cat.

Let me know what you find out! :)

SingLikeSassy said...

I am dying to get a teacup Yorkie, but the hubby says no, no, no andddd No -- two cats are enough. Plus he doesn't like what he calls "yippy" dogs. ((heavy sigh))