Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome

The end of undergrad was drawing near, I had just completed (and passed) my senior colloquium and was ready to go on spring break with a few sorority sisters when an old friend from high school told me she had a friend moving out to New York for medical school. I should meet him.

Med school... smart, dedicated, career-minded. Compared to the sleazy business students who surrounded me, this guy sounded promising. Plus he looked pretty cute in his facebook picture.

18 months later, he and I are saying our vows in front of family and friends, promising all those things people promise on their wedding day. And so it begins.

This blog is for wives and husbands of medical students or 'student spouses' as our id cards call us. It's not always easy being married to a professional student. Admittedly it's not as difficult as actually being a medical student, but while there are plenty of forums for them, there don't seem to be any for us. So, this is for us - for the stress, the celebration, the confusion, and perhaps the camaraderie of being med student spouses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just started reading your blog. I am dating a 3 rd yr med student, and trust me, I know exactly what you mean in every post. Good luck to you.

MW said...

Thanks! Good luck to you as well. :)