Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Go Yankees!

Okay, so I'm really a Cubs fan, but since I've lived in New York for 6 years and the Cubs are in the National League while the Yankees are in the American League, I feel I'm allowed to root for the Yankees once in a while. :)

For a good part of the summer, Mr. has been watching baseball on tv (or rather, has had the tv on baseball while he studies), which has been a little less than thrilling for me.  I may have played softball for 6 years and understand the rules of baseball better than those for any other sport, but I can't watch it on tv.  It's just sooo slow.

However, I absolutely love to go to games!  Tonight we were invited to join another med school couple at the Yankees v. Twins game.  The weather was great, the game had its exciting moments, and the Yankees won.  The best part of the night, though?

Dippin' Dots!  In a Yankees cap!

There used to be a Dippin' Dots stand in the mall in my hometown, but I haven't had the delicious treat in years.  I'm not sure why ice cream is so much better when served in tiny little spheres, but it is.

Okay, okay, and while Dippin' Dots was great, the real high point of the night was getting to spend some time with the Mr., just relaxing and hanging out.  I know that these times have to be few and far between, but it's nice to know we can still have them every now and again.
Hopefully it's not unrealistic to hope for at least one baseball game per year in the future.

No comments: