Sunday, September 14, 2008

Warehouse Galleries

The summer before I moved to New York, I would drive around my Midwestern town listening to a Lisa Loeb tape after a rough break up and dream of spending my evenings listening to singer songwriters in tiny hole-in-the-wall venues.
While I don't do that sort of thing as often as I had once dreamed, I do still enjoy those little hidden warehouse like venues and discovering emerging artists.

Last Friday, STM and I attended the menswear show for Kesh, a young British designer, held at Anonymous Gallery on the Lower East Side. The actual show started roughly 75 minutes after the scheduled time, and the other audience members were robed in all sorts of eccentric attire. Perhaps that was intentional, as Kesh's quirky men's line seemed tame in comparison.

The show, of course, lasted but a few minutes, and we went to dinner afterwards at B Bar. The atmosphere was great, and the food was alright.

Overall, an eventful Friday evening girl's night out.

No comments: