Monday, September 29, 2008

Calendar Communications

If there's one thing I've learned over these past 2 1/2 years as a blogger and a wife, it's how important staying organized is for maintaining peace in a relationship. It's hard enough staying organized myself, but throw my husband's endlessly-changing schedule into the mix it can easily turn into chaos. Add that to my obsession with knowing where everything and everyone is at all times, and you can start seeing why I'm slightly obsessed with keeping myself, my husband, and everyone around me on a tight schedule. Up until now, the hubby and I'd basically been using a system of emailing schedules to each other and then keeping them in our inboxes for a handy reference. But what if his shift changes? We would basically be screwed.
Which is why I was so excited when MW mentioned Google Calendars on here the other day. Syncing calendars was something the hubby and I hadn't thought of before. So guess what? We tried it (got all set up, etc.) on Sunday before the start of his week-long night shift and so far so good. If he's wondering which nights I'm home and which I'm with friends, it's on the calendar. If (or more likely, when) I forget what time he gets off in the morning, it's on the calendar. Genius.

1 comment:

MW said...

What Mr. does, too, is he syncs his google calendar with his iCalendar so my plans are always on his computer. He is also really good about always syncing his phone, so even when he doesn't have internet access, he has my info. I don't think that helps you much at all, but in case there are any mac + iphone users who read this... :)