Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Remembering Boredom

I am stressed. out.

I just took a midterm tonight, finished the first part of a group project over the weekend, and have 3 more projects in my lap. I have class 3 nights a week, an online class, church obligations, and sorority paperwork.

A year ago, I came home every night unless I had social plans. I'd get to make dinner and watch TV. I was really bored and felt directionless.

While I'm glad to be learning new skills and to have some direction, it's hard to remember what was so bad about not having stuff I had to do at night.

I wish my pride could handle being a law firm support staffer in the long term. I could work 35 hour weeks, have great pay and benefits, and spend my paycheck on travel and designer shoes. Sadly, I do want a career of some sort. Le sigh.

At least as a student I get spring break - 8 days until take-off!

2 comments:

I'm Just Me said...

Hey there- I just found your blog...Isn't it funny how we always want something different than what we have in the moment? I know it's stressful now but stress leads to productively and success. Remember that your motivation for more comes from a place of not being satisfied with boredom. It's all about balance though...so some advice would be to find some time in that busy schedule.. a 1/2 hour maybe to just "be" and recharge so you don't get overwhelmed.

Anonymous said...

During my 12-hour work days, I really miss doing nothing. haha

<3jar