Sunday, October 26, 2008

Burnout Avoided

No, not Mr.'s. Mine.

10 Days ago, I stayed in Manhattan following NYU's annual Greek Night. The following night I went out to dinner with my family line. The next morning I woke up early along with Mr. to volunteer for New York Cares Day, and the following morning up early to walk in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. The next two nights I had midterm exams.

Sounds like a recipe for burnout, but luckily Mr. was there to pick up the slack. He went grocery shopping, cleaned the entire apartment, and did the laundry. I think he might have done the dishes once. I'd ask if that's what being in a non-medical marriage is like, but I imagine even in those that level of helpfulness tends to be a special occurrence.

I spent much of the rest of this week playing catch-up, but since Mr. is on his psych rotation at the moment, he's still been able to help out here and there (I got my grocery buddy back today!).

I'll have to enjoy it now, though. It looks like Mr.'s going to go with orthopedic surgery after all. le sigh*.

*I'm just being dramatic. I'm warming up to the idea of him going into orthopedics.

1 comment:

Insomniac said...

Ortho's not so bad. There are some specialities that have a better lifestyle than others... You should get in contact with me (Mr. Insomniac's an orthopod) - I'm on MM most of the time.