Sunday, March 14, 2010

Waiting to Exhale

It was a windy, rainy weekend in NYC as a Nor'easter came through, flooding the courtyard and ripping one of the doors off our apartment building. Needless to say, yesterday was a great day to stay in. I went through piles of old mail, filing and shredding as needed and purged my closet of clothes I don't wear anymore. I now have three garbage bags full of clothes and shoes to donate when the weather clears up.

I'm currently waiting for groceries to be delivered while Mr. is studying in a classroom building.

I'm running out of ways to distract myself in this final day before "Black Monday".

Statistics are in Mr.'s favor. I haven't run a statistical regression, but if I did based on last year's Charting Outcomes for orthopedic surgery, I imagine his chances would be somewhere around 95-99%. But, it's impossible to not think about that 1-5%. It'll happen to someone; how can we know it won't be Mr.?
Last year I believe there was only 1 scramble spot for ortho in the country, and we don't have a game plan for what Mr. will do if he finds out tomorrow that he didn't match. If he matches, there are only 13 possible cities; if he doesn't... who knows? So, I'm really just holding my breath. In less than a day, we will have an answer of sorts. hopefully.


21 hours until Black Monday
04 days until Match Day
81 days until Mr.'s Graduation

No comments: