Friday, March 5, 2010

And Now We Wait

The rank list has been submitted and certified. We've told our parents and a couple friends. The decision has already been made; now we just need to wait. I'm so impatient; I just want to know already! At the same time, I hate "wishing my life away" and am trying to live up these next couple weeks.

This weekend I have 3 social activities planned, another one tentatively planned, sorority meetings, and church activities. Earlier this week I tried a new chili recipe, and tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to try to make chocolate covered strawberries made to look like footballs for the Oscars (footballs because The Blindside is nominated...).

I also got my LSAT score back over the weekend and have been using the LSAC's UGPA/LSAT search to find out my chances of getting into various schools. I've then cross referenced this with a list of schools I'll apply to for each of the programs on Mr.'s ROL. I've found this to be calming. What is not calming, however, is writing my application addendum to explain the sole bad grade I earned (or failed to earn?) in undergrad and my previous LSAT score from that time I took it on a whim. *headdesk* I want to go back in time and shake my 21 year-old self. Can we just skip that year? Go from 20 to 22? Because everything I have to explain happened when I was 21. And no, it's not alcohol related; the age is a mere coincidence. Le sigh.

Annnyyyway, moving on. What I should be doing in this time before the match is packing. Regardless of where Mr. matches, we will be moving out of our current student housing apartment. I hate packing with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. And I just can't do it. I usually ease into packing by starting with clothes, but that clearly won't work as it's still sweater and coats weather, and we aren't moving until tank-top and sundress weather. Also, we don't have boxes. Maybe I'll work on that next week. We can pack all of the books Mr. won't need for his last two rotations... some wedding presents we have yet to use... keepsakes that don't serve a purpose.
I am also going to clean out my closet. There's a donation bin near our grocery store, so that makes getting rid of clothes so much easier.

I think I might try to pick up some overtime at work. For some reason I'm much more productive after hours (and it's not the money... even when I'm not submitting the time I find that's the case). Hmm.

Anyway, speaking of work, I should get back to it! Lunch break is over. :)


10 days until Black Monday
13 days until The Match

3 comments:

JumpingJane said...

Hi, new reader here, and I just wanted to say I know how you are feeling. The waiting stinks, the packing is a pain in the you know what, and the whole thing is just, not fun. As for the year you want to skip, I think we all have one. :) I hope the time passes quickly and everything works out for the best.

SDW said...

I'm a new reader, as well. I just wanted to say "Good luck!" We will be there in a couple of years.... and I'm already feeling nervous about it!

MW said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the good wishes! :)