Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Being Kiki

My sorority little once read a celebrity magazine article where some female superstar mentioned her personal assistant/best friend. I think her name was Cocoa or something like that, because we then joked about me being my little's Kiki (also the name of the Julia Roberts character in America's Sweethearts). While I suppose some might be offended at the implication that they would be an assistant to their friend, I found it both flattering and fitting.

The last few years it has become clear that I love doing stuff for my friends. Most recently, I found sublets for my friend's friend who's moving here for a month with her sister starting next week as well as one for my friend who's moving here indefinitely in a month. It actually worked out that by doing so, I was able to help out two different sorority sisters unload their apartments for short periods of time.

I also made a google map for my friend who's moving here, mapping out neighborhood gyms, grocery stores, and landmarks in the area where she'll be working. For my little, I helped her to find a venue for a play her mother is producing as well as shared employment contracts I had used as a producer for her mother and her to work off of.

Let's not forget my spreadsheets that I've made for Mr., either. I actually have spreadsheets for Ophtho, ENT, and Ortho, but I only really update the ortho one any more.

Anyway, the point is I love this stuff. I love researching and organizing life. I like creating systems and playing an active role in transactions. I love this stuff so much that I'll spend my time working on this stuff instead of on studying during finals week.

And well, because of this, I think I'm really going to enjoy being a doctor's wife. From scheduling residency interviews to keeping track of the household budget while Mr. spends 80+ hours in the hospital, I will always have a project.

...and when that's not enough, I'm sure my friends will keep me plenty busy as well. And if that fails, I suppose I could become a professional life assistant... I think I'll go by "Kiki". ;)

No comments: