Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

2009 - what a year! It completely flew by for me.

To recap...
In January, as I entered my second semester of fashion school, I decided I wanted to go to India to visit a friend of mine. ASAP. I emailed a few mutual friends and one was in. Mr. decided on orthopedic surgery and started thinking about away rotation applications.
My birthday in February was low-key but fun, with the people I care about most in New York coming out to enjoy dinner.
By March the away rotation applications were out, and we played the waiting game.
In April I took the trip of a lifetime around Northern India with two incredible, hilarious women. I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect trip.
Mr. finished his last rotation of 3rd year in May, and we also attended his grandfather's funeral.
June brought Mr.'s first orthopedic surgery rotation and it brought me jury duty. I made it to the voir dire but wasn't chosen (whew).
July and August, Mr. lived in the Midwest to complete his away rotations. I went to visit for a few days each month. Meanwhile, my friend from India moved to NYC, and I took her to all the essentials, including Grimaldi's in Brooklyn and the Bronx Zoo.
September brought Mr. back home to finish his residency application, and school started up again for me. At the end of the month, my grandfather passed away, an I took a last-minute trip to Ohio for the funeral while Mr. stayed behind to study for Step II CK.
October always breezes by as everyone fits in fall activities before the holidays take over. Mr. also had his first interview. I went to the Halloween parade in the Village with some of my favorite sorority sisters in creative and cute costumes.
November was hectic as we really started to schedule Mr.'s residency interviews, and I tackled final projects for fashion school. We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house, where Mr. bonded with my mom's dog. (If we have a yard next year, we're SO getting a boxer/boxer-mix!)
I finally finished fashion school in December (hooray!), Mr. went on six interviews, we got stuck in the blizzard but ended up being less than a day delayed getting to his parents' house for Christmas.

With all the ups and downs, I can't imagine having another year like 2009. But 2010 will certainly be exciting. Mr. has 12 interviews in January... hopefully the weather will cooperate! I'm taking the LSAT in February. My football team of choice will then win the Superbowl. ;)
March brings match day, and hopefully a quick celebratory trip. April and May will be full of preparations for the move, whether is be across town or halfway across the country. Our families come in June for his graduation. Another, bigger celebratory vacation, my best friend's wedding, sorority convention.
Then Mr. will [hopefully] start residency in July!~ Another wedding in August, but because of the match, I can't plan much past June. :)

Happy New Year everyone!

76 Days until Match Day...

No comments: